98
Go for an entire week without swearing.
I bet you guys didn't think I could do this. I didn't either. Technically, I probably didn't, but I came as close as is possible, given where I work.
Some time in January, it became fairly obvious that Bradley was learning very quickly how to imitate the sounds we make and it was only a matter of time before he would be repeating everything we say, like a little parrot with a potbelly. So, with a tremendous amount of effort, I began cutting down the number of swearing type words. After several weeks of this, it got to be more of a habit to the point where I started being uncomfortable around work colleagues that swear a lot, particularly in anger. (I have issues with public displays of emotion, apparently.)
While I'm not quite so rigorous with the profanity ban at the moment, I definitely am swearing less than I used to. Supposedly my word choices will now be more creative, and I will express myself more clearly and eloquently. Whatever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home