24
Collect and read all of John Barth's work.
Turns out I don't like Barth as much as I thought I did. I got about 2/3 of the way through his published works and realized that his early work, while tending toward genius occasionally, is positively unpleasant for the most part. Leaving out the fascination with anal sex, evidence of which appears with startling regularity throughout his catalogue, I found him smug and pompous about his own post-modernism, which kind of defeats the purpose for me.
Thus, I am crossing this off on the grounds that further reading does not hold anything for me but irritation and annoyance.
Find the perfect everyday necklace.
For the past three months or so, I've been wearing the silver chain Dunc bought me a year ago. This is ultra convenient since I've been at a sales meeting or interviewing prospective employees at least twice a week for the past month, and I never seem to have time to dress up properly. Not having to think about jewelry does make the whole business(-casual) thing much easier. I guess that defines this the perfect everyday necklace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home